Executives these days demand that you prove your budget investments are working, however tracking the evidence is the difficult part. While follower numbers and number of times content is shared is at times enough evidence to track working investments but may still fall short. You need to quantify the ROI for your social media marketing tactics just as you do for traditional marketing initiatives. While social media marketing metrics are far from perfect today, you can collect the necessary data to support your current and future social media marketing spending. The following are a list of just a few key performance indicators: Lead Generation, Customer Engagement, Sentiment In Branding and even Customer Loyalty.
When you decide on a brand for your dental practice it should include who your ideal patient would be. You want to discover the type of patient that you want to bring in. Do you want to target families? Professionals? Seniors? Whatever group you want to gain as a patient base should inform how you market your practice. Here are a few tips on making sure you’re marketing towards the patient base you desire.
Set goals. It’s important that you sit down and figure out what your goals are for your practice. Once you establish goals for your practice you can look into what type of patients will help you achieve those goals.
Once you have the type of patient you want figured out then you can cater your marketing plan towards those patients. The way to market towards seniors is going to be a lot different than the way you market towards business professionals. Do you need to put ads in a newspaper, or come up with a campaign for your social media accounts? It is all dependant on where your patient base will see it.
When you’re doing your marketing make sure to test your methods to see what kind of results you’re getting. Although there is plenty of research to suggest how you should market towards a specific patient base, you won’t know something is absolutely working until you can test it for yourself. So starting slow and working to something bigger with a test is always a good route to go and CXC Dental can help with your research.
A practice cannot survive without patients and in order to continue to gain new patients and maintain the ones you already have you have to put work in to a marketing plan. Creating a plan that allows you to brand your dental practice as well as discover the type of patients you want to cater to is very important. Here are a few things you can do in order to start creating a working marketing plan.
Set goals for you practice. Take a look at what your practice needs and figure out what you could most benefit from. Do you want to have 10 new patients a month? Or do you want to have more people coming in for a specific service? Whatever it is set your goals so that you can make a marketing plan around those goals.
Do the research. Look into your own practice and find out what type of patient you see the most of and what type of service you provide the most. This will help you discover who you should be catering to and allow you to shape your marketing plan around your target demographic. This could also go in the way of attracting a new demographic, do your research on the type of patients you want to see in your practice and cater towards them.
Set a budget. After figuring out who your target demographic is and what your goals are you can figure out what you need the most from your marketing plan as well as what tactics you should use. Sit down and figure out realistically how much you can use for each of these things and create a budget. Some things will be determined by trial and error, but you want to make sure you aren’t spending a bunch of money on something that won’t help you in the long run, so when setting a budget make sure you do your research of what can be most effective.
Of course a marketing plan isn’t easy and you don’t always have the time to sit down and really flesh everything out. CXC Dental can help with that, among other things.
One of the most important things as a Dental Practice is to have a positive image within your community. This leads to better referrals, more people knowing your practice and ultimately more new patients. There are many things that you can do to get your name out there and being good at what you do and having a nice, supportive staff can help get and maintain a positive image in your community. Another way to gain that positive image is through community outreach.
Community outreach has a lot of different meanings. It could simply mean sending out a neighborhood newsletter so that you can engage with the community around you. A neighborhood newsletter could entail educational materials, promotions and discounts for your practice or could provide updates about your practice and the community.
Another version of community outreach can be through community events. It is very important to get your dental practice out there through different community activities. This could include sponsoring a little league team, hosting neighborhood celebrations or hosting events within your practice. It can also include doing community service. Showing that you are willing to give back to your community as well as help it grow is so important in maintaining a positive image. Beyond that you are getting the opportunity to talk with potential new clients in a relaxed environment and that is very valuable.
Community outreach is not an easy thing to do though and sometimes you will put in a lot of work but won’t see a lot of the gain. CXC Dental has a program that will make sure your hard work is not for nothing, and help you achieve your new patient intake goals as well as helping you create that positive image within your community.
There are many things that create a successful dental practice. The dentist, the staff and most importantly the patients. Without happy, loyal patients your practice cannot succeed. Which is why it is so important to show those patients appreciation. Research has shown that a practice that has an orchestrated consumer experience is an important step in creating a lasting practice and a great patient and practice relationship. Here are a few ways you can show your patients that you appreciate them and how CXC Dental can help!
When you are meeting with a patient make it a priority to make them happy. Listening to their concerns and making sure that they feel like they are well taken care of will go a long way when it comes to patient loyalty. When they know that you care the feeling becomes mutal.
Consider creating a patient appreciation day. This can be done once a year or once every quarter. This is a day just to remind your patients how much they mean to you and your practice. Hand out gift cards, gift bags, have a raffle and really go all out. You can have it be an all day thing or have it take up a few hours one afternoon.
This last one is simple: Ask their opinion. This one benefits both of you. If you ask your patients for feedback, ask them what they like and what they don’t like, etc they will see that their opinion is valued by you. This helps you because you are learning how to better yourself and your practice and the patient can see how important they are to keeping your practice going.
All of these have benefits for your practice and your patients. Showing your appreciation allows the patient to see how much you really do care and this could lead to referrals and more importantly patient loyalty.
Your website is the best way to show current and potential patients your brand. It is an extension of your office and how you do business. Having a homepage that jumps out is an important part of that. Here are a few ways to improve your homepage, all of which CXC Dental can help you with!
- Make sure you have a call to action. It is important to give website visitors something specific that you want from them. So if you want to gain more patients you might want to put a “Call us now for an appointment” call to action on your homepage. You could also put new patients specials, promotions and events as a call to action on your homepage.
- Have images and video. A text heavy homepage is a lot to handle, you want to save the information for specific pages, the homepage should be slick and clean. You want to have nice visuals that will draw people in and give new patients an idea of what your brand is from the videos and pictures that you have displayed on your homepage.
- Make it responsive. We have talked about this time and time again but having a mobile friendly website is becoming so important. In fact in 2016 the mobile usage will surpass usage on a desktop so you want to make sure that your homepage is easy to navigate no matter where your patients and potential patients are looking at it.
A lot of dental practices create video content about education, new technology, and about their office and its staff. These videos aren’t meant to get millions of views on them but you as a practice will want more than just your staff to see the videos. CXC Dental can help with these videos and here are a couple of ways that you can help make your videos stand out so that you can get more eyes on your practice.
- Figure out what you want from the videos. It’s important to sit down and really flesh out your ideas for the video. It isn’t enough just to have the camera and the information. Think about why you are making the video in the first place and what you want to gain from it. Do you want new leads? More patients? Educate patients? Decide what you want out of it before proceeding with the creation of it or you won’t achieve the success that you’re looking for. Another important factor in this is who represents your practice in the video. Should you hire a professional actor? Or will you use your staff to give it a more intimate feeling?
- Production matters. If you want to catch the eye of more than just your staff you will need high quality work. Of course you don’t need to spend millions of dollars on high-tech equipment but you will want something that looks sleek and professional that includes everything from the camera work to the editing, lighting, etc.
- Think about who your patients are. When you create your video you have to think about what makes up most of your patients and what they care about. If your patients are mainly young families your video is going to look different than if your main patient base is mainly business professionals. After you figure that out you can cater to your main patient base.
A problem a lot of dentists have is blending into just being any old dentist. As a practice you want to be able to establish yourself as something different than anyone else and give people a reason to choose you over anyone else in your area. You can do this by branding yourself and giving your practice a reason to stand out against the rest of them.
No one is going to think that their practice is bland, in fact you know the best things about your office, what makes it unique and why people should choose you. The problem is that not everyone can present that as a brand to their community. That’s where CXC Dental can help. Using those things that make your practice unique as a brand will help you stand out in your community. After all people trust a brand more than the generic version of anything.
Having a brand that patients can connect with and you can use to market yourself with will gain trust from patients which has the potential to lead to referrals from current patients and get your name out there as something different and exciting. It also gives you a competitive edge over your opponents. Your brand should be the total experience for your customer, what they can expect consistently from you and your staff. You want your patients to remember you for something and know that you are the best at what you do. So start creating that brand for yourself so you can stand out from the rest.
Online marketing is a huge part of growing your practice. It allows you to have a large reach to new patients as well as keeping in touch quicker and easier with current patients. Online marketing isn’t the only way you can connect with your patients, new or current. You can also use offline marketing to gain those patients and keep your current ones close. Here are a few options.
Direct Mailing. This is an old and easy way to connect with new patients. It allows you to target a specific area and send letters their way. Direct mail can also be a better option than email for a few reasons as well. It is more personal than a generic email and it puts something in the hands of your potential patients.
Local Media. Using local magazines and newspapers is not only a great way to get your name out in your area but it’s a great way to be a bigger part of your community.
Community Events. Making your practice known in the community is a huge part in gaining trust with potential patients. Involving yourself in community events, whether it be sponsoring a local sports team, handing out flyers at a local fundraiser or having you and your practice do volunteer work, getting your practice name out in the community is a great way to be seen. CXC Dental even specializes in much more structured events through our Novertising campaigns. Ask us about it today!
It’s very rare anymore to have patients that don’t use the internet in one way or another. Because of this websites have become very important when it comes to gaining new patients and keeping current patients. Here are a few common mistakes that get made when creating your website that CXC can help you avoid.
- Using old design methods. Because the internet has become used so much by so many people those people are much more savvy to what an outdated website looks like. A lot of people will write you off simply because of that. It makes you look “behind the times” and unable to keep up with change. You want to make sure that your website is professional, modern and custom. Your own flavor on it will help establish your brand while the modern aspect will keep you looking up-to-date.
- Not having responsive websites for mobile. People love the internet because they are on the go and they can use it from anywhere now, this includes their smart phones. You want to make sure that you have a website that is compatible on many different screens, a desktop, tablet, smart phone, etc. Responsive websites give you that luxury so that your patients can look you up on the web using any form as well as making it easy for new patients to navigate your website even on their iphones.
- Having a hard to navigate website. You want your website to flow seamlessly for anyone that needs to look at it. Everyone from the college kid to that kids grandmother should be able to look at your website and figure out how to navigate it. You can make this easier by having a good website flow as well as a great navigation bar that gives specific and easy options.